KIDS!/TEEN CLASSES AGES 4-18
Dance Fusion/Total Fitness/Tap/Hip Hop/Move n’ Groove
Our mission at STUDIO 509 KIDS is to provide quality programming for kids and teens in an environment that is supportive and non-competitive. Dance is a form of physical expression, it instills a sense of discipline and respect… for our students, their classmates and their teachers.
In our classes, kids work on their muscular endurance, their flexibility, and their coordination. They learn to connect their mind to their body. Each child in the class will interpret the movement and music differently. We create a structure in which our students can find freedom. Dance is fun and we celebrate this at STUDIO 509!
Contact [email protected] for more info!
AGES 4 AND UP
Studio 509 Kids parties last 90 minutes.
The class portion is 45-50 minutes of dance/fitness. We keep them moving the whole time with fun music, easy to learn dances, hooping and a fun obstacle course. We tailor the playlist for the birthday child so you can let us know your childʼs favorite songs and we’ll incorporate those into your party playlist.
For the last 45 minutes, we spread a big tablecloth on the floor and the kids eat “picnic” style. You are welcome to bring in food and decorations of your choice. Typically families order pizzas, bring cupcakes and provide water or juice boxes. We discourage ice cream and open juice cups as they are difficult to clean in our setting. We are there the entire time to help set up, serve and clean up!
Move N’ Groove
- Achieve body awareness with and without music
- Improve coordination, concentration, and focus.
- Stimulate gross motor skills
- Improve rhythm and musicality
- Experience the joy of movement and physical activity using props.
- WARM-UP: Engage and open the muscles
- FOLLOW-ALONG MOVEMENT: songs for mind-body connection & concentration
- PROPS: Use of scarves, maracas, and pompons to facilitate creativity, freedom of movement, and gross motor skills
- DRILLS: Fitness movements to improve coordination and challenge the heart and lungs. Create an awareness of space.
- YOGA: Beginning poses to improve balance and concentration
- DANCE FUNDAMENTALS: Improve body and spatial awareness while gaining an appreciation for music!
The “Move n Groove” curriculum follows the NJ state standards for developing and appreciating creative movement and dance; one of the 5 preschool standards for social/emotional development.
The Asbury Park School District 2017/8 school year:
Studio 509 Kids services their 13 preschool classrooms and several special needs classrooms.
South Orange Country Day School: 2014 present:
Move n Groove curriculum servicing aftercare programs and summer camps.